Friday 21 November 2014

Shabby chic altered wooden spoon

Today's post is a short and sweet one ...
I was struggling to decide what should be the base for my post.. I felt like   creating a shabby chic project and rushed to my kitchen to grab an old weathered wooden spoon which had been lying neglected since ages ;)
Shabby chic is one of the most beautiful styles as its all pastels and so feminine ...

To begin with :
I coated the oldie with few coats of gesso and allowed it to dry completely. I observed if I use my heat tool to dry ,it starts oozing and bubbling .. It's better to let it dry naturally .
Once it was dry Ioaded it with lindy's stamp gang mists and prima color blooms (in shades of pink)
These sprays give a beautiful subtle sheen and colour to the project .
Distressed the edges with some vintage photo and it was ready to get dressed and embellished .

A close up -
I created a cluster of lace, mulberry flowers & pearls. To top it off added the beautiful butterfly charm and the adorable tiny bottle filled with glass glitter.
 On the left hand side I added chains and charms to add some interest .

I also created a tag with the help of prima lattice stencil and Lindy's sprays.
Embellished it with the same products to match the spoon.

It's a cute gift for someone u really admire. I am gonna gift it to my mom and hang it at the kitchen door.

Hope u liked my post and give it a try ...
Stay blessed ...

Hugs 
Arjita 

List of supplies:
Mulberry flowers-Roses 
Mulberry Flowers-Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment